To truly have a great family vacation there must be activities available that appeal to everyone in the group. While children tend to beg to go to theme parks, there are so many other great options out there they will like; they might even like them better. Some activities include hiking, camping, fishing, swimming, rafting and tubing. Not only can you find great vacation destinations that will keep you and your kids happy, everyone can benefit from a connection to nature.
1. The Great Smokey Mountains These breathtaking mountains offer a plethora of sports and activities kids will love. You can choose from a variety of rentals designed for families, which includes log cabins that are authentic in build and close to the water. There are also many great camping grounds that can accommodate anything from a simple tent to a massive recreational vehicle. The ample amount of nature trails will give you many great photo opportunities as you explore the natural beauty of the forest. If you do not want to climb the mountain, you can easily make the drive up, and then, let the kids raft or tube their way back down to the bottom.
2. Yosemite National Park: This park has massive trees that have been there for centuries. The trees surround the parks natural waterfalls, breathtaking scenery and trout streams. Families have been camping here for a long time, so the park is well equipped to entertain children and adults of all ages. One of the most popular spots kids enjoy is a tree, with a hole at its base, large enough for cars to drive through.
3. The Grand Canyon This natural wonder is famous all over the world for its endless options of activities kids will love. You and your children can travel down the canyon by mule while soaking in the natural beauty it has offer. Listen as the howling winds echo off the canyon's vast walls. Then, once at the bottom, you can enjoy all that the great Colorado River has to offer. A tourist favorite is the quaint Navajo gift shop that offers genuine Navajo arrowheads, dream catchers and tools for sale.
4. Colorado Just about the entire state is a great place to reconnect with nature. The state has so many mountains, nature trails, rivers and trout streams, it's hard to pick. You can drive down just about any winding road near the river and see happy people rafting along. No matter the location you choose you can try tubing, hiking, rafting, fishing or camping. Any one of these activities will immerse you in Colorado's unforgettable scenery.
5. The Hoover Dam It features rolling hills as far as the eye can see. Lake Mead features some of the most beautiful scenery the world has to offer so keep your camera at the ready. You may even catch a group of mountain goats trotting along the mountain side. Or maybe, you will encounter the friendly chipmunks that will eat right out of your child's hand! There are many tour buses that cruise around area that include a detailed history of the dam.
Rick is a digital camera repair service provider at C.R.I.S. Camera Services located in sunny Chandler, Arizona. Rick has been repairing cameras for the better part of a decade. He is also the webmaster of the company camera repair blog.