Are you currently planning an event for your business? Maybe you haven't considered a finger food buffet but here are some benefits of buffets as well as some practical tips if you do decide to go ahead with a business finger food buffet!
Benefits of finger buffets
1. Cost - Buffets tend to cost less per head than other forms of catering due to the relative simplicity of buffet food to prepare and serve - although simplicity doesn't mean less tasty or exciting!
2. More chat - The informal, relaxed style of buffets and the ability to stand and walk around with a plate of food means that it is easier for your guests to mingle and do that all-important networking! Also, the buffet table or an interesting centrepiece can provide a great conversation opener.
3. Happy guests - Providing a finger buffet for your business event can take some pressure off you, as organiser, and you can feel reassured that most of your guests should be happy. As finger food buffets allow a variety of food to be served you can rest-assured that there should be something there to appeal to even the fussiest of eaters and generally most people are happier with the wider selection of food that a buffet offers.
Practical tips for your business finger food buffet
1. Get an accurate headcount - although this can be tricky, it is worth getting the most accurate idea of numbers as you can as it will really help with planning all other aspects of the event. Although 5-10% of your guests may be no-shows it's generally always better to over- estimate rather than under-estimate numbers!
2. Set your budget and stick to it - although this may sound obvious it really will help to keep your cost per head budget in mind and this will particularly come into play when selecting food choices.
3. Decide on type of food - a massive range of food can be served at finger food buffets. However, knowing your guests, you may also have other ideas of the type of the food they will enjoy such as more seafood or vegetable dishes and can cater accordingly.
4. Plan your space - ensure that your guests have room to walk freely around the buffet table and can move around the room to speak to other guests. Also ensure there are tables and chairs dotted around so guests can sit down with their food if they wish.
5. Consider using a professional caterer - this can really make the whole process a lot smoother. A professional caterer will often have extensive experience of planning these types of events and can advise at every step of the way. In addition, they will often offer a complete package including providing all equipment, serving staff and even clean up at the end allowing you to relax and just focus on enjoying the event!
For more information, speak to Gourmet Food today by calling 01564 775268 or visiting http://www.gourmetfood.co.uk/corporate-events-catering/