3 Reasons to Choose Incognito Braces
Are you faced with the prospect of having to wear braces and do not know which to choose? Thankfully, there are numerous options to choose from.
Types of Braces
1. Metal braces. These are the most common braces and are the least expensive option. The images that may come to mind when you think of metal braces are ugly chunky pieces of braces held together by thick wires. That may have been the case several years ago, but metal braces are nowadays designed to be thinner, lighter and less conspicuous. You can even customize them by having them done in colors. One complaint associated with metal braces is that they easily irritate the gum and cheeks during the first weeks after having them put in.
2. Ceramic braces. There is not much of a difference between metal braces and ceramic ones only that the latter is a color that blends with the teeth, making them hard to notice. This aesthetic feature is what makes some patients choose ceramic braces over metal ones. Although not visible, the ties that hold the ceramic plate in place can stain easily, meaning that you are likely to need a replacement every couple of months. This can mean extra expenses.
3. Invisible braces. As the name suggests, these types of braces are invisible. They are best suited for people who prefer it not to be known that they are wearing braces. They are also suited for people who do not have major dental problems. Additionally, they require the least amount of care, and do not need as many visits to the dentist for adjustment.
4. Lingual braces. These are metal braces that are placed on the inside of the teeth; instead of the outside meaning you can have braces and no one will no. One particular brand of lingual braces is Incognito.
Benefits of Incognito Braces
Why should you choose Incognito braces over any other type?
1. The biggest advantage of Incognito braces is that no one need ever know they are there! You won't have to worry about what you look like when you talk to or smile at someone. Also, it is a known fact that braces tend to become stained and discolored over time, and if this happens to you, it will be from the inside of your teeth; a place which will not be so visible.
2. There are various designs that you can choose from. Furthermore, because it patient's case is unique, there cannot be a one-size-fits-all type of incognito brace. During the initial consultation, your orthodontist will determine what kind of Incognito braces will be suitable for you. When you are getting them fitted, they will be adjusted to suit the alignment you are looking for.
3. They take the same amount of time as other types of braces to get your teeth in alignment. You will not have to wait longer just because the braces have been placed on the inside of your teeth.
Sam Whittle is a professional dentist working at CST Orthodontics. He has years of experience handling dental related problems of all kinds. Visit CST Orthodontics to get more ideas about the treatment and services.